Wednesday, August 08, 2007

How I get through the day

Early morning I went into Hayden's room to give him a snuggle and kiss him before leaving for work. As I put my arms around him, a distinctive noise rumbled under the covers. Because he is a 3 year old boy, he started giggling uncontrollably. "Heh heh...'scuse me....heh heh heh...That was...heh heh..heh...hehh... YOU!!!" Then he wasn't the only one giggling. Little bugger has already learned to hot box the bed then blame the other person!

Two of my girlfriends gave birth on Saturday. Congratulations to both families! Yesterday I got to visit my best friend's new nephew. I was telling Hayden about it, saying I got to meet his friend's new baby brother.
Hayden - "His new baby brother?"
Me - "Yes."
Hayden - "But, how did his other one break?"


Hayden - "Mommy, why are you putting on makeup?"
Me - "Because I like the way I look better."
Hayden - "But, you are already pretty the way you are. You don't need any makeup."
Does it get any better than that?

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Very cute moments!